Thursday 26 October 2023

Day 304 - Not praying, but still writing

 


Although I may have stopped praying, I haven’t stopped writing. Earlier this year, in the first months after my brother died, I mapped out a sequel to my parable – The Parable of the Cold Island.

My writing has been very much influenced by Ad’s death… I’m not really sure how any writer can divorce their real lives from their writing lives.

Above is the cover for the new publication (my first physical book since 2018).

Since the pandemic, for some reason, I have found it very hard to read. I have read some books, but these have only been short, including short stories. I was surprised to find that I’m not alone and that a lot of people now struggle to read anything of any length. I’m not quite sure of the reason for this – maybe it was because we were so much in survival mode during the pandemic and reading felt like a luxury many of us didn’t have. It became hard to concentrate.

So, I have written a short book. I’ve been working on it since February and it will be published at the start of December.

As with all parables, there is more to it than the surface story. I will leave it for readers to figure out.

It will be published as a physical book, an ebook and an audiobook.


(There will be no Halloween story this year, but you should be able to find a lot of them on this blog under October for the past ten years.)

The new book is dedicated to my brother and his partner.


No comments:

Post a Comment