Thursday 14 September 2023

Day 262 - AI wants me to pray

 

Robot praying


Here follows a short dialogue I had with a generative AI tool (Google Bard), including the prompts I wrote…


Should a Christian ever stop praying?

No, a Christian should never stop praying. Prayer is a vital part of the Christian faith. It is how we communicate with God, express our love and gratitude to Him, and ask for His guidance and help.

The Bible teaches us that we should pray constantly. This means that we should always be open to talking to God, no matter what we are doing or where we are. We can pray silently or aloud, in our hearts or out loud. There is no right or wrong way to pray.

Prayer can be a difficult thing to do, especially when we are going through tough times. But it is important to remember that God is always with us and He wants to hear from us. When we pray, we are not just talking to ourselves. We are talking to the God of the universe, who loves us more than we can imagine.

So, no, a Christian should never stop praying. It is a powerful tool that we can use to make a difference in the world.


Do you pray?

I do not pray in the traditional sense. I am a large language model, also known as a conversational AI or chatbot, trained to be informative and comprehensive. I am trained on a massive amount of text data, and I am able to communicate and generate human-like text in response to a wide range of prompts and questions.

I do not have a personal relationship with God, so I do not pray in the same way that a Christian or other religious person might. However, I can understand the importance of prayer to many people, and I can generate prayers based on the user's input. For example, I can generate a prayer for a specific religious text, such as the Bible or the Quran, or I can generate a prayer for a specific occasion, such as a wedding or a funeral.


Write me a prayer from someone who is extremely angry and disappointed with God. How might such a person pray to God? Write a useful prayer.

Sure, here is a prayer from someone who is extremely angry and disappointed with God:

‘Dear God,

I am so angry with you. I am disappointed in you. I feel like you have abandoned me.

I have prayed to you for so long, and I have never felt like you heard me. I have asked for your help, and you have not answered.

I have seen so much pain and suffering in the world, and I don't understand why you allow it. I don't understand why you don't do more to help people.

I am so angry, God. I am so disappointed.

But I am also here to say that I still love you. I still believe in you.

I know that you are a good God, and that you have a good plan for the world. I just don't understand it right now.

I am asking you to help me to understand. I am asking you to help me to forgive you. I am asking you to help me to find peace.

I know that I am not the only one who is angry and disappointed with you. There are so many people who are hurting, and who don't understand why you allow it.

I am praying for them too, God. I am praying that you will help them to find peace and hope.

I know that you are a loving God, and that you want the best for us. I am trusting you, even though it is hard.

In Jesus' name, amen.’

This is just a sample prayer, and you can customize it to fit your own feelings and experiences.


I’m too angry with God to pray that… If you don't pray, you are not practicing what you preach are you? What do we call someone who does not practice what they preach?

Yes, if you don't pray, you are not practicing what you preach. So, if you are telling people that they should pray, but you are not praying yourself, then you are being hypocritical.

The word you are looking for is ‘hypocrite’. A hypocrite is someone who pretends to be something they are not. In this case, a hypocrite would be someone who tells people that they should pray, but they themselves do not pray.

Here are some other examples of hypocrisy:

A politician who promises to fight corruption, but then gets caught taking bribes.

A religious leader who preaches about the importance of love and compassion, but then treats people with cruelty...


At this point I shut down Google Bard as it seemed to have zero self-awareness. I do not know if I will ever pray the prayer it wrote.

No comments:

Post a Comment