Wednesday 15 April 2020

Free non-fiction ebook for the thoughtful...


I sometimes have this fantasy in which I think certain businesses and shops should distribute their goods for free, indiscriminately. I have it particularly with jewellery stores when I walk by. I imagine them casting gold and emeralds, rubies, sapphires and diamonds into the street. A kind of outrageously generous sharing with whoever may be passing by.

My naive fantasy is unlikely to come true but that doesn't mean I cannot give away what I have created at this time, even if banks and jewellers don't ('Silver and gold I do not have, but what I have I give you...')

One other thing I would like to say about these present times. True colours are not shown when there is some great crisis. True colours are revealed when everything is calm. What is revealed in a crisis is either whether you are classy or not. And that is a different thing.

So, here you go - this freebie is called 'Irony - Evidence for God'. I have suffered so much for this book. It has always felt as if I have been punished a little by the Universe (c), in subtle, ironic, intimate ways for even daring to write it.

How can irony be evidence for God? The thoughtful will already see the problems with that since most ironies are negative. But you will have to read it if you want to find out.

I am no Voltaire. But I am no Scrooge either - I'm doing what I can in this crisis and offering this for free for the next five days (that's all I am allowed to do by the big A). You will either need a kindle or a kindle app on your phone or laptop.

So, here is the link... Irony - by Nick White

The beautiful cover is by my brother Adam, who is an artist. You can see his work here.

And here is the book trailer I created... 





No comments:

Post a Comment